28.10.09

Malaysian Dilemma

I wonder if what i said in this blog will make other see as a bad idea. Malaysian nowdays are more afraid to each other then 20 years back. I remember when i was in standard 3 to 6, all my friend consis of all races malay, chinese, indian, sabahan, and siamse.... We all play togather, eat togather and fight togather without any prejudice. Did any of our parents will say 'Don't play with bla bla bla, i don't like u to play with them, the not 'xxxx' ? nope, i think most of us will say no. but let see at our generation now, more gated community, more non-social area. Increase in crime also contribute to these effect. I wonder how come we came to these nonsense. We have been through a lot and i wonder when we will be like before.

If we see a group of children playing togather, we say 'ahh they children, what they know' but can we think like them? Why we must quarrel and fight? The children play and fight but they never leave their friend like we did. I am so sad with us now. We didn't have the right feeling, and seldom we see we smile at each other. I hope we can be like before, smile and laugh without thinking who we are and what race we come from. I really hope if the 1Malaysia or 1Malaysian or any concept, please bring back the joy we had 20 years back. I miss my friend , Satya Serideren. I always go to school with him. Even in depavali, his mother used to cook me special kari daging. Remember that for indian cow meat is holy animal but yet his mother will cook for me each depavali. I wonder if nowdays still have the same atitude.

Even during my school holiday, my friend Tan Boon Kwan i think his name, come to school just to play badminton, chess. I really hope that my kids and children have the same feeling like i was before during my school days. I send my kids to Smart Reader and i can see the great combination of all races there. I can smile seeing my kids play with other kids that not from same races and i didn't even care!. I wish i could done more for them but, as i see the future ahead, i wonder will this prevail? Will the children will be spoilt by us, our fight, our prejudice? Only time will tell. See ya...

No comments:

Post a Comment